Thursday, October 16, 2008

Wake up sleepy head!

So on Monday morning I decide I can't get out of bed because I'm far too tired to go to a lecture at 7.45 in the morning. Isn't that a little too close to the ungodly hours of the early morning? Eventually dragging myself out of bed and began my morning ritual of showering and grooming at a record speed, hoping to make it to my second lecture on time. Let's just say I ended up washing my dishes, then my shirts and unmentionables.

My question is, why is it so hard to leave one's room when you know that you haven't a clue as to what is happening in Sociology at the moment. You're certainly not keeping up with social change in the lecture and in reality. This isn't high school where the teacher calls home and says she misses seeing your lovely face. Why doesn't my self discipline wake up with me in the morning. Why is it so easy to miss a Sociology lecture that's early in the morning and not a Journalism lecture? Well, I reckon the answer is that at the moment one gets such a thrill from sitting in the Journalism lecture wondering if they''ll get picked on. Maybe you might finally be forced to make a contribution in the lecture and not just reserve your smart thoughts for the tutorial. I reckon one really hopes they'll get a nice question like what does html mean or what is...? Wait, there are no easy questions. I don't know what html means! I can use it (i.e. click on "edit html" and make it work). I also think I go to Journalism lectures because I might actually learn something about the many wonders of the Internet and actually wonder!

What I'm really saying is that I'll no longer say my parents "need to get with the times" because apparently, I need to do the same. I am by admission, part of the "mxit/facebook generation" I'm always on the Internet or my phone but I still have so much to learn. So to my dear mother and my loving father, If you're reading this, I promise to exercise more patience when you ask for help with your cellphones and anything computer related. To my Journalism lecturers, if you're reading this, please don't pick on me! I'm the girl with the eyes, ears, nose and a shut mouth. I'm learning all I can and I'll be raising my hand one of these good day. One day.

No comments: