Thursday, October 16, 2008

Uninspired

Opening windows is such a simple concept, but in the Jacaranda Labs, this is a foreign concept. If you walk int to these computer labs, you will be overwhelmed by the amount of breathe that's been acumulated in this space.You adjust to it in about 10 minutes but it makes me miss high school. There I didn't understand why my teachers insisted on opening the windows even on winter mornings, but now I understand that confined spaces need ventilation. I think the problem here is that we're all so passive and stuck in a "someone should do it" mode. It's almost the end of my first year and that someone has not come. I often think that I'll get up and do it, but sometimes it seems a little embarrassing, getting up and opening a window in a public space. I know that sounds silly but that's how I feel.

So now, day in and day out, I come into the Jacaranda labs to inhale someone elses secondhand carbon dioxide. Day in and day out I pull a face as i walk in and breathe a sigh of relief once I'm done my work.Since nobody wants to open a window, I think it only makes sense for my parents to buy me a laptop. This way I'll be in my ventilated room, thinking and working constructively because it's in well oxygenated places that I have come up with the most inspired essays.This unfortunately was written in a Jacaranda labs and I had very little oxygen going to my head, so if this is not inspired enough, you know the reason.

No comments: